How Can We Help?
I can’t renew my driver’s licence or insurance.
Once your toll debt is more than $25 and has been outstanding for more than 90 days, your account will be designated as Refuse to Issue (RTI). An ICBC hold will be placed on your account and this will prevent you from renewing your driver's licence or purchasing car insurance for any vehicle on your account. Please note, an additional $20 Processing Fee will be charged to your TReO account if you go to RTI.
If you co-own a vehicle, share insurance or share a TReO account with other drivers, an outstanding balance on any account may affect all drivers linked to the account. This may cause a hold on your account even if you have already paid or your account balance may be larger than expected because it is showing the total amount owing for all linked accounts. To release the hold, the outstanding balance of all linked accounts must be paid in full.
What can I do to clear my hold?
- Pay your outstanding balance in full by invoice number or licence plate number
- Check the status of your vehicles by logging in using your:
I thought I paid my bill already.
If you think you have already paid your TReO invoice but still have an amount outstanding, this may be because:
- You made a payment to the wrong account.
- You bought a new vehicle or changed licence plates and forgot to update your account.
- You are linked to another TReO account. This means you either co-own a vehicle, share insurance or share a TReO account with other drivers who still have an outstanding balance. This is causing a hold on your own account until their toll debt is paid in full.
What can I do?
- Call us if you think you made a payment to the wrong account and we can investigate your account. Please have your receipt available.
- Log in using your new licence plate number if you bought a new vehicle or changed licence plates. Check to see if you have an outstanding balance.
- Search by licence plate number for each vehicle you own, co-own or share insurance with if you think you might be linked to another TReO account. To release the hold, the outstanding balance of all linked accounts must be paid in full.
- If you share a TReO account with another driver (who's vehicle is not registered in your name), you'll need contact them to see if they have any outstanding toll debt on a separate account that is causing a hold on your own account.
I never received a TReO bill.
It is possible that the address we received from ICBC may have been invalid and your bill was returned to TReO or you may have moved and forgot to update your account.
If you have an ICBC hold on your account, please see the "I can't renew my driver's licence or vehicle insurance" section above for more information.
What can I do?
- Search by your licence plate number to check your outstanding balance. Your amount owing will be automatically populated. Pay this amount in full to clear your account.
- To see the details of your outstanding balance, log in by:
Still have questions?
If your specific question wasn't covered, you can call us at 604-516-TREO (8736). We're open Monday to Friday from 9:00AM to 5:00PM.