Tourists & Rental Cars

Tourists & Rental Cars

How do I pay when I cross the Port Mann Bridge in a rental car?

Every rental car company has its own policy on tolls, so it is always best to check with them before you travel. We recommend paying for your crossing online within seven days. You can make a one time payment with the rental car's licence plate number. A TReO receipt will be sent to you by email. When you return the vehicle, make sure you show your receipt as proof of payment to avoid any extra administrative fees from the rental agency.

If you prefer, you can always call or visit us in person and a TReO Customer Service Representative will be happy to help.

How do I pay if I’m a visitor from out of town?

If you don't have a registered TReO account, the easiest way is by going online and making a one time payment using your licence plate number. To pay the lowest rate, you'll need to make a payment within seven days of crossing the Port Mann Bridge.

Alternatively, you can wait for an invoice in the mail and simply pay online using your invoice number. Please note that licence plate processing fees will apply in this case, unless you have a registered account with TReO.

Want to register? No problem. It's easy to register online.

To learn about other ways to pay, click here.

How can I see how much I owe if I crossed in a rental car?

To find out how much you owe, you'll have to call or visit TReO. Simply provide the customer service representative with the licence plate number of the rental vehicle and the dates you travelled, and they'll provide you with your balance.

However, if you know the exact number of trips you took across the bridge in the rental car, the easiest way to pay is to go online and make a one time payment with your licence plate number. You can calculate how much you owe using our toll rate chart.  Make sure you keep your emailed TReO receipt so you can show it to the rental car company as proof of payment. 

How do I receive a receipt for my payment online?

When you make a one time payment, you'll be asked to provide your email address. An emailed receipt will automatically be sent to you as proof of payment.

How do I pay if I crossed Golden Ears Bridge in a rental car?

When you cross the Golden Ears Bridge in a rental car, you will need to call Quickpass to find out how to pay for your Golden Ears Bridge tolls. 

What happens when I’m towing a trailer? Which licence plate number is billed?

When you're towing a trailer there are two things to remember. First, you'll probably be charged the medium vehicle rate of $6.30 because of the added length. Second, the front licence plate on your vehicle will be billed, not the licence plate on the back of your trailer. If you're paying ahead of time or making a one time payment, make sure you pay by the front licence plate on your vehicle. If you are registered with a TReO account, you will be billed automatically and don't have to worry. 

What is the best route into Vancouver?

Please see our Visiting Vancouver page

What are the benefits of crossing the Port Mann Bridge compared to other crossings?

Please see our Visiting Vancouver page.